Flo Carson

Flo Carson - Social Anthropologist, studying International Development at Sciences Po, Paris. I am slightly obsessed by gender, politics, media, human rights and global health. I've worked in Asia, Africa and Europe and keen to explore more of the world we live in. Take a look at my Twitter & Tumblr for my most recent posts. tly

Thursday 5 January 2012

Education/Creativity



Simply adore this video from Sir Ken Robinson.
Normally my attention span distracts me from TED videos about 7.34 minutes in. But his mix of humour and clear fact was really enthralling.
He insists that we are taught from a young age that we must never be WRONG,which therefore stunts any true creativity. Indeed, what great inventions have come from just sticking to what is right/known?
Altogether this insightful speech reminds us that the schooling systems everywhere need a serious rethink, we are stuck in a hierarchical way of thinking which limits any way of really comprehending or engaging with the world.... But the only problem is, how can we really get inside and CHANGE THIS?
Thank you Ken!

No comments:

Post a Comment