Flo Carson

Flo Carson - Social Anthropologist, studying International Development at Sciences Po, Paris. I am slightly obsessed by gender, politics, media, human rights and global health. I've worked in Asia, Africa and Europe and keen to explore more of the world we live in. Take a look at my Twitter & Tumblr for my most recent posts. tly

Wednesday 14 April 2010

noughts and crosses.


Pete Doherty


Topshop Necklace


Am-Lul Blog


Ebay Necklace

Is it me or are crucifixes literally all over the shop! Everywhere you go,with crucifixes on record sleeves of Justice CDs, the more traditional sight of them in the fifty two churches of Norwich (one Church for every Sunday of the year), a variety of high street shops and a random selection of pop stars are donning the religious insignia. I don't believe that this demonstrates an epidemic of Christianity or Catholicism, but the opposite, a disregard and almost a disinterest where all things of religion are concerned... Good or bad? Is fashion out-doing religion? You decide? Personally, I think it is all a bit bizarre being the agnostic that I am, yet am worringly tempted to adorn myself with the Holy Cross nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment